Build a Bach - A joint venture project between Taranaki Futures and WITT
This joint venture between Taranaki Futures and WITT sees students build a house for sale under the guidance of WITT tutors and industry mentors.
• Running annually since 2014
• Five houses have been built and sold
• Collaborative project that involves more than 40 local organisations contributing material, mentoring and support
• Self-sustaining – profit from the sale of each house is reinvested in the next year’s project
• Has introduced more than 80 youth to a trades pathway, 70% of whom have gained employment or taken other pathways into trades
If you are interested in joining Build a Bach, please see your school careers advisor.
To see Build a Bach in action, go to the bottom field at WITT (near Hendrie Street).
See the 2017 Build a Bach house at Central House movers.
Our two 2018 builds are now available for purchase. These three-bed builds are priced at $185000. For more information, building plans or to purchase, please call our partner real estate agent Kylie Moore at McDonald Real Estate on 06 757 3083 or 027 334 2276. See the listing.
You can view the 2017 build and talk to Dean about moving options by calling Central House Movers on 06 758 9111.